Tuesday, July 10, 2012

DAY 2– 10 JULY: Arrival at the World Choir Games!

Hi there everyone!

Today we will be leaving our old Kentucky home to head to the WCG. We'll register at the Duke Energy Center then spend the day meeting other choirs, rehearsing for tomorrow's concert at the Corbett Theater, and getting the lay of the land. This evening is this week's World Choir Games opening ceremonies, which will include a Parade of Nations with the Parade Marshall Bootsy Collins!!

Please note: Starting today our wifi access and social media time may be limited, so please be patient and check back often for updates. Our #1 priority of tour is making sure our Singers are at their best! We will do our best to post whenever possible!

Love,
The AYS Staff


=============================================

Beginning of Day 2 Singer News


Dear Mom,
Having so much fun. Henry and I are luggage handlers. How are you? On our way to Cincinnati to practice. Can’t wait to come back. I’ll buy you a souvenir.
Love,
Christian F.

Hi Mom and Dad,
I love you and I am having lots of fun at tour and I am glad you sent me. But I do miss you so please answer back.
Love,
Jacy

Hi Mom and Dad, Audrey,
I love you guys soooooo much. I am having lots of fun and have good pictures and stories.

Love you lots, Mom and Dad and Bus (?)
Love,
Henry

Hi Mommy
Hi Daddy
I miss you guys

(shoes)
It’s been fun so far. The 8 hours on the bus were fun. Joey sat next to me and the boy Joey sat across from us J. Love you HERP
(shoes)
--Mara

I remember when I was younger reading a book where some kids went to see a movie called “The Mutant Moth from Toledo”. Maybe I’ll actually see it today (the Ohio Toledo, not the Italy Toledo).
I bring Toledo up because our van keeps listening to this ridiculous song sung by what sounds like a toothless man on and one of the Lollipop Kids in its middle age.
Also, I have met a fellow person who plays yellow car!
--Joey (fem.)

Hi Mommy!
We are on the bus to Cincinnati. I am having a great time already. We were on the road for a total of 7 hours yesterday! We watched 3 movies on the bus. I was very tired last night. I hope you, Zachary, and Benson are doing well!

Love,
Joey (male)

Hello dear Parents,
We’re on the bus to “Ohi-ohi0”. I had fun and beat Joey S. in a game of card. W
OHIO HI-O!
Round on the ends
HI in the middle.”
Love,
Palmer <3

Hi Mom and Dad!
Last night we stayed in the Microtel and in our 1st room….(unfinished and unsigned--the suspense is killing me!)

Our first view of Cincinnati


Ready for our closeup with the local news

Millie and Bill(y)


Sound Check onstage at WCG for tomorrow's competition



Our Message to the World in the Singers' Lounge--they have mini golf, 
ping pong, a DJ, Karaoke





A Sweet Russian/US Musical Exchange

AYS kids sang Rachmaninoff and their adults sang along (!)
then the Russian girls sang a sweet song about animals.

Friendly boys choir from Minnesota

Brie & Bootsy

Jysenia preparing for the parade

Parade of Nations

Kids Party Rockin' 
(notice the presence of several water bottles!)

6 comments:

  1. Hi Mara! Hope you are having a blast! We Love you! Good luck tomorrow!
    --mom and dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ben, how many black socks do you have left? Athena says "Woof!". It really is OK to write us a note.
    ---Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Henry! It looks like you're having a great time! Can't wait to hear all your stories. Audrey misses you and she doesn't want to go to bed at night without you upstairs. Have fun today!! Love, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sara (and Friends),

    We hope you are having half the fun it looks like you are having! Take lots of pictures to show us! We miss you and want you to have loads of good times.
    Love,
    Lexi, Grace, Mommy, Grandma Sara, Brent (Sara, I am going to register for classes with your mom tomorrow --wish me luck!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joey S: I can't believe you were in a parade with BOOTSY COLLINS. I love seeing your smile and what you wrote. Miss you esp when I see a yellow car.

    ReplyDelete