Monday, July 16, 2012

DAY 8 – 16 JULY: WCG/CHICAGO 2012 Hello Chicago!


AYS sings at the Cincinnati Museum Center/Train Station at 2am







The best Amtrak guys work in Cincy
Tom and Bob!


Catching the train 2:23am

Another great Amtrak Guy, Fred

The Great Hall in Chicago

Evening concert at Millenium Park at the Frank Gehry Amphitheatre

Pic-a-nic! 





Charles Bradley broke it down!

Kids at "The Bean" aka Cloud Gate






Singer News:

The last few days in Cincinnati were fun. We went to Skyline Chili twice. We went to museums yesterday and at 2am we took off on AMTRAK for Chicago. We're on our way now. I miss home, but I love being here.
Hannah


Hi Mom and Dad,

Things are going great!


 I can't believe we won gold! We'll probably be back in the games in 2014! I miss you guys a lot and I can't wait to see you soon. I had Skyline chili twice!

Although there's a lot of good news I am sad to tell you that my camera's been lost. I looked all over the hotel and couldn't find it. I lost it on Saturday night. I gave the people at the hotel my phone number and camera description and my name so they can return it if is found. I am very, very upset about losing my pictures, but I will not let that ruin my tour. I have given my close friend including Miho. When I lost my camera I was really glad that I have good friends that would help me. I am also very thankful for the help Ms. Millie gave me (even at 12:14am)

Almost everything happens for a reason so I want to learn from this experience.

I miss you a lot!
Love,
Sophia

7 comments:

  1. Joey S (fem)

    Sim came home today. We miss you! Enjoy Chi-Town :)

    Mom, Dad, Sim, Cleo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sydney, Aunt Maureen, Amy, Ella and Abigail are all coming to see you guys sing in Crystal Lake. I do not know who else will come. Maybe others. Be sure to get pictures with anyone that comes. I am hoping that my cousin Laura and her daughter Erin will come. Jim and Ian are on a Boy Scout camping trip. I wish I could have gone to Chicago. Too much going on. I started my allergy testing today. It is miserable. It will all be over by the time you get back. Spencer is working at Drama Camp again this week. Daddy is working as always. We would love to hear from you...

    Love you, Mater

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kinsey
    Looks like the trip is awesome and congrats to all on the Gold award. Dad won two races last week and Caitlyn can jump small table-tops now. Hope you enjoy Chicago and we can't wait to see you in a couple of days. Hugs and kisses! Mom, Dad, Caitlyn and Memphis (who is now in the cone of shame because she keeps chewing her tail)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mara! I bet you have a lot of stories to tell! Things are fine here. We miss you but are really happy to see all the cool things you're doing. We'll see you Thursday morning!
    Love, mom, dad, fluffy, tigger, chupie, mouse, and phoebe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Jacy! We are so glad you are having these experiences on this trip. You look like you're having a great time. Enjoy the last 2 days, and we'll see you soon. Much love, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sophia - Very sorry to hear about your camera. Hopefully, a friend could share some pictures with you. I'm glad you aren't letting it spoil your trip. Making the memories is more important than the pictures. It sounds like you have some good friends looking out for you. BTW, make sure to look into the audience at tomorrow morning's performance for familiar faces. I saw Sarah W and Katherine K this morning at Winshape and they say "HI"!
    I miss you too and will see you soon!
    Love, Momma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joey, I'm sorry to take so long in getting back to you here, but I couldn't figure out how to post a comment on this site, until now. We can't wait to see you! And we are so very proud of you! We've been enjoying reading the blog, seeing the pictures and watching the videos very much. I don't know if you have access to Facebook, but I did a screen grab of your moment on Cincinnati TV and posted it on FB. Simrill has a whole lot to tell you about Kids4Peace. She had a wonderful time and shed many tears when it was over. Other than that, there's not a whole lot of news going on here. The refrigerator is now fixed. Yea!! I'm taking care of two old and very incontinent cats. Boo! Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete