Friday, July 13, 2012

DAY 5 – 13 JULY: WCG/CHICAGO 2012 Friday the 13th is our Lucky Day to be at the WCG!

Happy birthday to (boy) Joey!  We'll be having a lunchtime cupcake fest for the birthday boy   (shhh! don't tell!).

After a morning of swimming, shopping, and playing we'll be heading to the Underground Railroad Museum this afternoon then more Friendship Concerts! Yay!

Watch this space for more photos and updates!

AYS with Whirl, the WCG mascot

The South African Stellenberg choir

We who believe in freedom can not rest


Purple girls

Anuna album cover (ask Ginny)

Playing the public piano

Walking to Kentucky 

Looking at Cincinnati from Kentucky

PM update:
After lunch and a rehearsal we traveled to the Freedom Center (there is never enough time to fully experience this type of museum!) then we walked across the bridge to Kentucky and back. Whew!

Singer News:



July 13, 2012

The last four days have been vigorous. We competed in the competition two days ago. Our performance was very satisfying after all the time and effort our choir has but into each piece individually. No matter what medal we get (which will be announced tomorrow!) I will be content with our singing in the Games.
...
Anyway, there are so many amazing, exotic people here! Dad, you will be pleased to know that I met a Russian girls’ choir. They were well-mannered, talented, and all wore orange berets. I learned one of the names of the girls among them—“Katarina”.

I miss you all a lot. Today’s the 13th so Sim must be coming home. Sorry I missed Abraham’s Tent. I bet it was funny. 

Please write back about what’s going on in Atlanta; I’m in the dark…and this time I didn’t turn off the lights. (haha)
--Joey (fem.)


7 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm! Cupcakes! Enjoy a cupcake for me Sydney. We love our cupcakes. You will have let me know how they are. Have a really fun day!

    Love, Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful blog. Looks like so much fun. Gracie - write more! Love, Gracie's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took me this long to figure out how to post on the blog! Hi Chloe! We love seeing the choir's posts and pictures. We all miss you a lot - the house is soooo quiet, but I still have Angel stuck in my head. And happy birthday, Joey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mara!
    I just learned that with the cards i gave you, you might have to use the 'credit' button instead of the 'debit' button, even though they are debit cards...this is because debit cards usually have a PIN number, and these cards don't use PINs. So try 'credit' if 'debit' does not work.
    Love you! Hope you are having fun! Can't wait to hear about it when you get back! We miss you!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joey Steele (AKA Birthday Boy!)

    Happy Birthday, Honey! I didn't know I could send you a message until today. This is the 4th try and I hope it works - you know I am hopeless with computer stuff without your help!

    Hope this is your BEST birthday EVER (as Grampa would say!). I am enjoying seeing all the photos and reading all the notes about your fabulous trip. We are very proud of you and all your friends and can't wait to hear all about your awesome trip! Have a wonderful time, honey!

    Love, Mommy (and Benson and Zachary Ryan) and all your family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Jacy Pippin! We have some funny stories to tell you, and I bet you have some for us. Tonight Aunt Ann and her daughter Karen and granddaughter Ella came over for dinner. They asked about you, and we told them all the good things you are doing. You got a very good letter from Amanda. We'll show it to you when you get here. It sounds like everything is panning out! Much love, Dad

    ReplyDelete